Position: Retail Sales Assistant
Job Ref: 185
Job Type: Permanent - Minimum 24hr Post
Location: Merthyr Tydfil - Bumbletree
Salary: £10.42 per hour
Working Hours: Monday to Saturday, Sunday's during seasonal periods.
Additional Working Hours: Additional hours will be required, dependant on the seasonal, holiday and sickness demands of the business.
Holidays: 28 days inclusive of Bank Holidays
Benefits: Company Nest Joint Pension Scheme, Employee Store Discount
- The ability to work flexibly (additional hours will be required) dependant on the seasonal, holiday and sickness demands of the business.
- To deliver excellent customer service (with a smile) whilst dealing with customer questions and issues courteously and politely.
- To operate the store EPOS whilst handling cash/credit/debit card sales and refunds.
- To assist and always be vigilant to minimise stock loss/theft.
- Ensuring stock levels are regularly maintained and effectively rotated.
- To promote all aspects of the business to increase footfall and sales turnover.
- You will be required to fulfil any other duties as reasonably requested of you.
- Good levels of hygiene and appearance are always essential.
Knowledge and Experience Required:
- Working in a retail environment is essential, with jewellery sales experience favourable.
- A hard-working individual who is sales-focused with excellent communication skills.
- With a flexible and positive approach to working within a small sales team.
- Honest and reliable with cash handling experience.
- A self-starter, able to work on their initiative.
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills are essential to perform this role.
- Good organisational skills, with the ability to maintain a tidy working environment.
- Being personable and willing to build a rapport with our customers is also essential.
If you feel you have the experience and commitment to do this job, then please provide a CV and references as soon as possible. We advise applying early to avoid disappointment as applications are reviewed regularly.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once sufficient suitable applications have been received.
Interested? For more information regarding vacancies, or to apply for a vacancy, please contact email@example.com quoting the job reference.
Applying? Please remember to include your CV, reference(s) and covering letter or any other relevant information that you feel appropriate to the position applied.
We thank you for your time.